Monday 31 January 2011

Here goes...

So, the best way to get something done is to begin.
And as with many things in life, this is something I have been planning to do for a very long time.

However, ever the optimist, this lengthy procrastination has helped me in at least one way: I have a collection of stories to tell, recipes to share, and a long long list of how it should not be done...

Aside from cooking, eating and baking, my number one fascination is chemistry. Even in those days back at school, I have a hideously cringeworthy memory of trying to earn brownie points with my chemistry teacher by telling her that I planned to become a nuclear chemist because 'I am interested in how things get blown up'.
Needless to say this did nothing for me but gain a terrible predicted A-level grade (the worst possible punishment for a girl at my school) and a firm belief that in order to impress, you must think things through clearly before you say them. Save the melodrama for the homely bosom of the female friendship group.

To satisfy this fascination, I like to hypothesize for answers in the Highly Scientific world of baking.
I hope you can enjoy this with me, and perhaps provide some long sought after answers yourselves?

2 comments: